Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

12.21.2011

James Tisdale






Let's get a little figurative, shall we?  Aren't these sculptures by Austin-based ceramist, James Tisdale incredible? I love all the detail in each piece, from the colors to the gestures, it really allows a story to develop within the sculpture. I feel like a lot of sculpture lacks that quality- narrative, which is a shame because narrative is one of the aspects of sculpture that keeps it from being static and boring. Wouldn't you agree? 

(images via artist's website with permission)


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice Blog! I've been a fan for awhile and I'm finding your posts are great resources for my students (and myself, since this is my first semester teaching). Good luck on your other endeavors. We'll miss you here but your archive is still a great tool, thanks!

Blacklisted MJ said...

Very beautiful work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails