Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

5.27.2010

Off Subject: Linda Hutchins






Whew, since beginning my textiles class this past semester I have been completely enraptured by the sculptural and painterly uses of fiber. (Side note, if you'd like to see any of my own textile work visit my other blog, Everyday Object.) Linda Hutchins is an artist I came across in the April/May 2010 issue of FiberArts that we had in the studio.  Her work is a perfect example of textile as sculpture. With just a needle, some thread and a little bit of organza, Hutchins creates these airy pieces which linger like the ghosts of domesticity- beautiful and uncomfortable at once.

(images via artist's own website)

3 comments:

Linda Fahey said...

uh, i have a thing for organza! I love it's ethereal quality!

Mel said...

When I first saw the pictures I thought "Oh My Gosh! All of this on porcelain, how do they get it so thin??" But am happy to read that it is not... the pressure is off *laugh*. Nice post though! Something different!

Hollis Engley said...

Great stuff. I love the hammerhead.

Related Posts with Thumbnails