Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

5.26.2010

Studio Time: My Embroidered Self Portrait


I thought I would share with you the project I am most excited about from the last semester.  The assignment was to stitch a self-portrait, this was the embroidery learning module. It's not complete, but I am still really pleased with the results thus far.  I have a few more lazy daisy appliques, several french knots, and a bit of couching to finish up. Then I plan to frame it...






I have to say, this is my first experience embroidering. It feels like I'm a fish in water, though, the most beautiful and exciting rolling stream. Below is my sampler, which is basically that- a sample of all the embroidery stitches you know, or are learning as was this case. I love it as well and am considering sticking it in a frame, too.





I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished and framed pieces. Plus I hope to do some more work this summer in this medium. So stay tuned. ;)

12/14/10 Update: The top photo is the finished and framed piece. Still working on those summer projects.

1 comment:

Alexis L. of One Grand Home said...

You really have a talent for this. Your sense of composition is so immediate. The whole thing works but I really like the areas of the the breath being blown and the blue staggered 'fan' field. Awesome. More and more creative by the day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails