Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

11.04.2009

Anders Ruhwald



 













Anders Ruhwald is an odd fella. And I'm not even really sure how I feel about him as an artist. I like the images of his work that I have seen online and posted here, but I recently went to see a show of his at the Gregory Lind Gallery and was really unimpressed and kinda disappointed.  It was cool to see the texture of his pieces up close which don't read through the image of a piece, and I understood the concept of the work- which was a conversation about spacial relationships, but it was just kinda ho hum.  I hope to be able to see his more colorful work now that he is a resident artist/ professor at Cranbrook University, which might mean more shows in the states.  Who knows. 

Tell me what you think.

P.S. This is earthenware and mixed media.

(images via artist's website; portrait via Cranbrook University)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails