Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.29.2009

Open 4 Discussion: Collecting Ceramic Objects


I am wondering... do ceramic artists collect ceramic art? Do we collect ceramic tchotchkes? On the whole I mean. I know that I do to an extent. I collect those Japanese bowls, seconds from potters I like or mini-sculptures likewise from sculptors. I would collect Dutch ceramic clogs if I found them more often, and English teacups. But I realize that I don't really have a filter for what I collect except that I only take home that what pleases my eyes, my heart, and my hands.

I dunno... I'm putting it out there. What do you think of collecting ceramic objects, be they art or otherwise?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails