Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

7.20.2009

Japanese Graphics



I went dawdling down Clement Street the other day and stopped in at Kamei Restaurant Supply. And while walking down the isle found these treasures...



A whole mess of bowls covered in traditional Japanese patterns. I love how graphic and modern they are but also how old (the patterns not the bowls). It totally inspired me and made me start thinking about the fact that I know little about the art history of ceramics. Bummer.

Does anyone have good reading suggestions?

Do dutch windmills, Otemi embroidery, or Indian paisley make you go gaga? Let us now what your favorite types of patterns are! ;)


1 comment:

Kat said...

Simply beautiful!! I like the one where the lines all meet at a point in the middle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails