Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

8.29.2009

Kosho Ito




I recently read an article about Japanese artist, Kosho Ito. A retrospective is currently up in the Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo, following a previous retrospective at the Ibaraki Ceramic Art Museum. This is my very first introduction to Kosho Ito, who is a visionary in the world of ceramic art and, sadly, someone I feel I should have already known about. Please take the time to read the article from the Japan Times. It's very interesting and not too long. The area of Ito's work I find most fascinating is the freezing technique he uses to provoke a unique crystallization effect in the clay and slip he uses. I would love to know more about that.

(images via Kalonsnet and ArtCatalyse; article via freakaroni)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails