Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

10.21.2011

Video: Agnes Martin



Agnes Martin Interview (20:00 version, 1997) from Chuck Smith on Vimeo.

Agnes Martin is one incredible lady and a brilliant artist. I first saw her work last winter at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe. I would have never expected to fall so hard for what really is just lines, lines, and more lines, but I did. What is it about the grid?

It makes sense, though, when I consider other artists I love who exploit the ever-evolving line- potters like Nicholas Bivins and Emily Schroeder and Rob Sutherland.

Anyway... enjoy the video, hopefully you'll learn a thing or two. 

3 comments:

FetishGhost said...

That gave me my biggest smile all year. What a brilliant gem Jess.

Unknown said...

Isn't she great?!?

Claire said...

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails