Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

2.07.2011

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Mud(Bucket)!



Well, here we are at the two year mark... 

In February of 2009 I began this blog as an experimental, self-education tool. I thought I would use it as a motivational platform of sorts to keep me working hard and learning more than what they could teach me in school. Then I made a big decision, my current school would no longer be a place for me to study ceramics. I would focus solely on textiles in the classroom and my ceramic pursuits would be designated to a personal studio space. A big step up, I thought, until I realized how much work it takes to be your own teacher- FULL TIME!

Here I am now, still struggling to find the balance between school, my own studio practice, and blogging. There are a lot of really big things in store for me this year: graduation, marriage, and a big move to a brand new state. In addition I am planning on busting my butt to get as much work as possible out of the studio before I move as I have a couple shows coming up and I want to get the best body of work out of myself as possible with my remaining time at Red Brick Studio.  

So what does this all mean... Well, you know they call them the terrible twos. I think it's going to be one of those years. Exciting but always up in the air. I am going to try my hardest to maintain regular posting, but I don't think it will be as often as it has been in the past. That said- I am going to push really hard to produce much better content. I want to have more conversations with all of you, share more of my studio experience, learn more about the history of this medium, and invite more guests over for artist profiles and studio tours. 

Lastly but most definitely not leastly, I want to say thank you to all of you who read this blog and participate in the conversation. I couldn't have imagined to have been so lucky as to network such a great community through this blog. When I look at where all of you come from- Brazil, Latvia, Australia, South Korea, India, Mexico, France, and South Africa- I get chills. Thank you so much for all your commenting and encouragement. And for those of you who have yet to comment, don't be shy. Let me know where you're reading from, who inspires you, what you love about this medium. You're input is the most encouraging part of this journey, and it makes me soooo happy!

So, with all that said-

Happy 2nd Birthday (Mud)Bucket! 

This is going to be a busy year. :)

2 comments:

Linda Fahey said...

Happy Birthday MudBucket! we love you ;)

connie said...

Happy B Day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails