Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

4.11.2011

Rebecca Appleby





Decalorama! I love how Rebecca Appleby is pursuing ceramics as a medium. Are these pieces vessels or paintings or sculptures? Well, they seem to be all three. I love that each of these pieces has so much to look at. I imagine finding secret little compositions all over each piece... This kind of mastery over surface reminds me of Diana Fayt and Julia Galloway, no?

(images via artist's website)

2 comments:

Linda Fahey said...

these are interesting; I would love to see them up close - I feel like a picture just can't get the job done! great work.

juju said...

I think these are interesting but generally I don't like decals. I feel they strangle the sensuality of pottery. In this case, I guess that's part of the point.

Related Posts with Thumbnails