Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

3.02.2010

Jenny Mendes









I love the whimsy in Mendes' work. All the patterning, the colors. It reminds me of an exploration I took a few years ago when I was just starting in clay. No comparison, just a reason I connect. I also love the idea of masks and Mendes' ability to create functional sculpture. There is also something about her work that draws the child in me... As if, I know these creatures, like we've met in my imagination sometime before.

(images via Sherrie Gallerie, Red Lodge Clay Center Santa Fe Clay, and artist's website)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails