Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

2.04.2010

John Williams




I like the base concept of these pieces and the gold luster/white glaze combo... but I still feel like it needs a little more of something. Don't get me wrong, I think the simplicity is part of what draws me to these images in the first place, but there is a bit of a blank space left when I think about them.  Maybe it would be different if I saw these in person. I do also love the cylindric globes that Williams sculpts, another post perhaps...

Update: It's been over a year and a half since I posted about this work and I have to say, my opinion has shifted slightly. I really love these pieces. As I've become more and more familiar with different artists and styles, I find myself appreciating the subtleties and differences among them more and more. Is that the idea behind a refined palate? I know longer look at these pieces and feel something's missing... instead they look just right.

How do you feel about minimalism in art?

 (images via accessCeramics)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails