Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

1.12.2010

Studio Time: Well, here it is...


 

  

  

 

 

 


I realized it was going to be ten years before I ever got around to properly photographing the work I created last semester. So I just took these out back and shot some quickies to share with you because some readers have been buggin' me to show my work... Thank you, I wouldn't do it otherwise. ;)

These are just the cups I played around with. They were mostly a study in pattern and oxides. Be gentle, this is really not 'finished' work so please don't judge it as such. These are just 'sketches' for future work. I've got some other pieces I'll try to post, as well, later...

8 comments:

courtsclosed said...

I dig the last 3 best! Thanks for the gallery tips btw.

Anonymous said...

second to last is my fav duo..

Sommer Olivia said...

I think #2 and #7 are very lovely and look the most complete, but as you said, they are just sketches. Very beautiful!

Linda Fahey said...

Oh YEAH! like all of em'. fabulous quality; you can see the future in them.

I love what looks like iron ox under celedon and the shino combination as they stand out - but really each deserves a good look!

what are your thoughts on the combinations and outcomes? which will you take forward? are there any you would not continue with?

Unknown said...

There is RIO under shino, copper carbonate under celadon, and vanadium under celadon. I'm interested in following up with all three combinations as soon as I find a good ^6 porcelain, ^6 shino, and a ^6 celadon. But I'd like to make actual pieces, ya know, classic teapot, pitchers, plates, etc.

Jerry said...

Those two in the second to last photo are LUSH! I love how the RIO works with the shino and the designs are great. Lovely!

Alexis L. of One Grand Home said...

Whoo hoo. More original work! I know nothing about the technical stuff but you show real promise in our decoration and glazes.Share with confidence-- you are good.

FetishGhost said...

I must have missed this post when you first put it up... beautiful work!!! The 2nd to last set are fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails