Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

1.27.2010

Arthur Gonzalez











Arthur Gonzalez is one of the first ceramic artists I fell in love with. I still have yet to see his work in person... but I'm working on that. ;) His figures are so expressive and they strike this contextual balance between past and future that I find really intriguing.  He is one of the most important artist's of the Bay Area and of the ceramic art world as a whole.  He teaches at California College of the Arts (and Crafts) in Oakland.

(images via artist's website)

1 comment:

FetishGhost said...

Hey hey! Arthur Gonzalez just said "Yes" to being the juror for the 2010 "Visions in Clay" exhibition in Stockton! Happy Dance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails