Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

11.11.2009

Off Subject: Frank Stella



 

 


 

 

 

 Frank Stella is my all time favorite of favorite artists.  I love the guy. Like L-O-V-E. Each of the pieces pictured are from successive decades from 1959 through 2007.  It's crazy how much Stella has evolved over time whilst still maintaining a strong personal aesthetic.  Ugh... and these pieces are even more phenomenal up close.  On my trip to Oklahoma last month I got to see his 1988 painting/sculpture, The Spirit-Spout, and I had to be literally pulled away from it.  I'm surprised I managed not to touch it.  It was spectacular in 3D, the way it's meant to be experienced. Stella definatley has an influence on my own work, even if you can't see it.

(images via Art and Culture, ArtLex Art Dictionary, The City Review, This Week in New York, and The Museum of Modern Art)

1 comment:

onegrandhome said...

I am very attracted to the early work, though I can't say the same of the newest pieces. Can you explain the aesthetic thread that unites the whole body of work?

Related Posts with Thumbnails