Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.01.2009

The 21st Century Glaze Project

...of no relation to The Blair Witch Project.

But for reals. This looks incredible and I just added it to the resources list on the right column. I haven't had much time to really trek through the site but I can tell you in the five minutes I spent on it, I found probably twenty-one glazes I'd love to test.

The 21st Century Glaze Project... All the cool kids are doing it.

P.S. A little excerpt from the website:

Glazing without a Ph.D. in Chemistry

The 21st Century Glaze Project is a project for and by the international ceramic community. We invite you to become a member, use the site and participate in the Project.

Benefits of Membership:
  • First, it's Free
  • 545 Free glaze recipes (growing to a thousand)
  • Each recipe will be tested by Glaze21
  • Links to color samples from major glaze manufacturers
  • Recipes include color test tiles on dark and light clay
  • The recipe print has a batch size calculator
  • Pages on residencies, classes and a page on cool tools.
  • The Project is a community effort by almost 4,000 artists and schools.
  • There are numerous articles covering many ceramic areas.
  • Access to the site is FREE to Schools, Teachers and Artists
  • ...and a lot more



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails