Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

8.09.2009

Maria White







I totally just stumbled upon this amazing artist the other day while gathering images of another ceramist. I love it when that happens. White is a very young but very talented artist and I'm looking forward to watching her work (though she has already been lauded by many). She is currently developing porcelain lighting and I cannot wait to see the debut of her designs this fall. The final photo is obviously a shot of the artist herself. I love posting this when possible because so often fine artists are presented to the world as faceless celebrities. I feel as though on some level this inhibits our ability to relate with artists and so contributes to the lack of respect and awe we have for fine art today as a society. Yikes, hope that wasn't to bold of a tangent... anyway, enjoy!

(images via artist's own website)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails