Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

1.01.2009

About

About Jesse Lu 

Hello! I recently graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.A. in Studio Arts, dual emphasis in ceramics and textiles. Even more recently I moved to Albuquerque, NM where I am slowly but surely building a studio space in my lovely new home. A four-harness floor loom, a refurbished Brother sewing machine, several embroidery hoops, and jars full of watercolors, markers, and colored pencils are just a few of my new studio mates. At the moment I am working in a wide variety of mediums, all exploring the traditions and significance of folk art in a contemporary scene.

I grew up in a suburb just minutes north of San Francisco in a quaint little track house turned cottage with my incredible single mother and hilarious younger brother. There we had a beautiful English country garden, an ever-evolving vegetable plot, several prosperous fruit trees, and a virtual Noah's Ark of pets. I spent many of my afternoons on a swing built by my grandfather, in the tree-house above, and watching my lil' bro driving toy trucks through the formidable dunes of his sandbox.  There was a strong pulse of creativity that ran through our house where I learned to crochet, sew, practice origami, and bake, all of which I continue to do today.  I now live in a lovely adobe apartment halfway between the beautiful Sandias Mountains and the equally beautiful Rio Grande.  Aside from creating, I love teaching, cooking, reading, learning new languages, and goofing around with my charming husband and our even more charming Border Collie mix, Brian.

A few other places you can find me...

My website.
Pinterest.
Etsy.
Flickr.
Folk-Art-Life.

About (Mud)Bucket

(Mud)Bucket is an inspirational journal of sorts and a sounding board for my own ceramic adventures.  During the first few years of studying ceramics, I became quite frustrated by the lack of accessible collections of contemporary ceramic art on the web.  Always hungry for inspiration, tracking down interesting new work on the internet often was tiresome and unproductive. But the more I did it, the easier it became and eventually I realized I could create the solution to my own predicament. This blog was the answer.

On these pages I hope you find as much inspiration as I find in gathering them. I try to present a wide variety of ceramic artists, mostly contemporary, working in various methods. I include both pottery and sculpture in addition to the occasional indie craftperson or product.  I also post about artists who work in other mediums that I find personally intriguing.  On occasion there is a history lesson thrown in, an update on my own work, or a studio tour.

Please feel free to contact me with questions, submissions, or just a friendly hello. I love getting mail!
Related Posts with Thumbnails