Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.21.2009

Past Perfection: Beatrice Wood






All I can say is she was one snazzy lady. Her gumption for opulence and eccentricity defined the artist as well as the art. I love her luster pottery... it makes me go totally gaga. It's just so... so... so indulgent. Like, excuse me while I grab a small pastry from this incredible gilded platter with loads of useless and lovely curly cues.

There was a documentary released in 1993, "Beatrice Wood: Mama of Dada", when the artist celebrated her 100th year (she lived to be 105). Has anyone seen it? Scratch that. You can watch the entire thing on YouTube. Now excuse me while I go learn me something.

(images via Clark + Del Vecchio, ModernSculpture.com, The Studio Potter, and The Arm)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails