Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

7.25.2011

Sidetracked for the time being...


Hello my dear readers...

I need to confess something to you. I am a bit burnt out. I love writing this blog and it has been such an amazing experience thus far, but I think I may need some time away. There have been many big changes for me in the last year or so... I've moved to a new state, I've finished college (FINALLY!), and my creative practice has shifted focus a bit.

You see, I think I need some time away from clay. We aren't getting divorced, don't worry. I just think we need some time apart so I can really figure out what I want from our relationship. While I wait for another ceramic studio opportunity here in Albuquerque, I will be busy making many other things...

I hope to spend the next couple months sewing, beading, quilting, building/restoring furniture, printmaking, embroidering, painting, weaving, drawing, training my new pup, finding a good job, exploring the Duke City, making new friends, and cooking up a storm. And I will be sharing all these fun things on a new blog, Folk-Art-Life... Think of it as The Mud Bucket's spunky kid sister.

I want you all to know, I am not abandoning this blog. I couldn't after all I've experienced with it. But it will be far and few between as far as posting goes for the next couple months. I hope you can understand and I hope you'll come stop by at Folk-Art-Life in the mean time.

Thanks, friends!

-Jesse Lu


5 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Clap, clap, clap!!! I've loved your blog for a good long while now Jesse. It's been a valuable tool in helping keep my eyes open to what happening in a world that's so much bigger than my imagination made it out to be.
Thank you!

Linda Fahey said...

Folk art life....here we come. We have to keep an eye on you somehow!

look forward to the new venue - I'm sure it will be fabulous.

cheers, girl! you are a bright light for us all.

lisa solomon said...

hey you ! glad you made it and are "entrapped"... i said that for several reasons - one of which was the completely different sense of TIME people in that state seem to have. it's great that no one is stressed or in a hurry, it's just completely counter to my overworked and multi-tasking brain....

so...
good for you for breaks and other adventures. and you know it's completely normal to "shut down" and re-charge for a minute [or two] after completing school.....

stay in touch !
[and yes - learning how to fix sinks WAS indeed fun. i can re-wire almost anything electrical thanks to my grandfather !}
hugs.

claydancer said...

I can completely relate to your post having just graduated in May myself. I have been having some of the same thoughts although I might be a little to addicted to the mud in my veins. I do want to work in some other mediums that I haven't given much time. I've been feeling a little of the post-graduation blues. Good luck out in Albequerque! I hope you have many adventures and I will keep an eye on your new blog. Love

Niya said...

Welcome to Albuquerque! There is much inspiration to be found in NM.

Related Posts with Thumbnails