Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

3.02.2011

Studio Time: a teapot and then some




Some wet work in progress. I'm hoping that teapot makes it all the way with out twisting the wrong way in the firing process. I bumped the handle while putting something into the damp box and had to reposition it. I think it might totally ruined but we'll see. I made up some thick slip for slip trailing, I'm excited about this new possibility. Also I'm in love with the cruet set I finished a few days ago. In love.

Question, though, is that handle too big? Is the spout too small?

2 comments:

courtsclosed said...

spout could be a touch longer, but I REALLY like the direction you're going in. How are you planning on finishing it?

Obill said...

Looking good, but i think the spout could be somewhat longer, and the handle could be longer as well. I think you could extend the curve out another quarter inch or so, but bring the base down almost to the bottom of the body. I think that would balance the body, and make it easier to hold and pour. It might seem a bit heavy with the current handle. Those are going to be nice when glazed! Good job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails