Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

10.07.2010

Off Subject: Sarah Applebaum






I'm slightly at a loss for words over Sarah Applebaum's work. The San Francisco native has me completely whipped. Her work emblazons an emblem of nostalgia like nothing else I've seen. I never thought I would put granny square and fine artist in the same sentence, but there it is. The artist humorously explores the new pop iconography and nostalgic issues of comfort while fearlessly tackling the chemistry of color and architecture of geometry.  I'm so in love. Give me more.

(images via artist's own website)

1 comment:

Anne Castano said...

Check out this Lady she is a friend of mine and this stuff really reminds me of her work.

http://www.carolhummel.com/?action=portfolio&nav=recent&pid=41

Love your blog by the way, ceramics in the states is so different to here in the UK!

Related Posts with Thumbnails