Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.24.2010

Off Subject: Miyuki Sakai





I fell in love with Sakai's work over the summer when I saw the pieces she contributed to a food spread in Martha Stewart's Living. She manages to capture the romance and delicacy of fine china so well with just her machine and some thread. Ah-mazing. Plus, how cool that this Japanese native now calls San Francisco her home. It's so exciting to come across local artists you admire but who you never realized were locals. 

(images via artist's website)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails