Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.21.2010

Katy Krantz





This installation looks like it was interesting. It seems Krantz interpreted her collage-paintings into ceramic form for this piece. I love the wonky shapes, textures, and surface design. Right now I am really into the whole wabi-sabi, wonk factor in clay. It's so personal.

(images via artist's website)

2 comments:

Mithro said...

Horrid. Looks like a junior high school class put together an "Art exhibit" class project. "Okay class, let's pretend we are in a modern art museum, what would it look like?"
No wonder ceramics has trouble being taken as a serious art form.

Unknown said...

Ouch! Horrid is kinda harsh... but thanks for the opinion. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails