Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

9.15.2010

Studio Time: Fabric Design


(testing squares, the two on left are mine, top right corner used another of my designs)


(pre-sketch with watercolor, acrylic, and ink)



 (in progress) 


 (finished 3'x3' square, eventually to be mounted on padded frame or quilted)


Fabric design is not something I thought I would ever be interested in. Kinda funny considering how much I love patterns and color.  This final project from last semester combined bast dyeing, discharging, off-set thickened dye stamping, fabric paint stamping, and embroidery.  I would like to do this some more... Maybe next semester, with a bit more yardage. Regardless, it was fun even if quite involved.

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I love fabric patterns, these are cool, must be a blast even if time consuming.

Studioist said...

Oh I really like this. What an amazing final project. Can't wait to see more. Textile design is something you should really consider.

Tracey Broome said...

I studied interior design in college and fabrics are just my most favorite thing ever! These look so great and are tempting me to give fabric printing a go. Maybe in my next life I'll have time for all the things I don't have time for right now like fabric design and weaving, sigh.....

Linda Fahey said...

JLu - this is super cool! I love it. It's fun to have other outlets for creativity! thanks so much for sharing the other things you are doing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails