Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

1.15.2010

Help Haiti



I know you've probably heard this a billion times already... but sometimes it's the billionth time that gets you to actually do something.

Almost two years ago my apartment building burnt down in a four alarm fire in San Francisco's Mission district. It was devastating, we all lost soooo much, some of us lost everything. The Red Cross was there to help us get back on our feet. I never thought I'd need them, and so never much thought about anyone else needing them either. But people do, I do, and you do.

Please take a minute to donate to Haiti's relief in whichever way you can. The easiest way is through your phone. If you text 'Haiti' to 90999, a $10 donation to the Red Cross will be added to your next month's bill. $10 is all, just skip a six pack of beer or that burger at lunch and you'll be helping so much.

If you'd like to know a few more organizations that need help you can visit my friend Alexis' blog where she has kindly rounded up a great list organizations you can help.

Thank you...

(photo of my building, looking at the kitchen window through my roomate's bedroom)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails