Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

10.16.2009

Kim Simonsson






I'm still kind of debating my feelings for Simonsson's work. Perhaps that's a good thing as it keeps me interested; there is a need for me to keep looking to figure out what I think. I really like the surface techniques (very non-traditional) but am not so certain about the forms or the content. What do you all think? He's pretty well regarded in the European art world, but I'm curious what the American take is.

(images via artist's own website; portrait by Johannes Romppanen)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails