Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All images which are not my own are cited with the source and are used here for educational purposes only. If you would like your images removed please contact me directly and I will remove them immediately. Thank you.
Find me more frequently for the time being at Folk-Art-Life.

6.11.2009

On Etsy: Ninainvorm






the artist... Nina van de Goor
the artist's shop
the artist's work
the artist's blog

why I like it... Nina's work is mostly modified vintage ceramics. She does some of her own slip-casting to create lovely little amorphous bowls. Her real talent is in printmaking for which she uses vintage ceramic and her own bowls as the canvas. Her prints blend retro paisley, modern geometrics, traditional florals, and her own quirky illustrations which she arranges in a sort of whimsical collage on each peace.

Her work brings me to a question that I would like to put out there in the vast cyber-world of mudslingers... What constitutes ceramic art? Is Nina van de Goor a ceramist or a printmaker? Can she be both? Leave some comments on this topic if you'd like, I'd love to hear what anyone thinks about this.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails